Joyner-Green Valley Branch Library
Education & Libraries
The Pima County Public Library enriches lives and builds community through opportunities to learn, know, interact, and grow. If you love the library and have a little free time, we have some great volunteer opportunities available. Volunteers can submit an application form in the library. Once the application is reviewed, our volunteer coordinator will contact you regarding training and scheduling.
Download application form here:
- Computer Lab Volunteer: Once a week commitment/2 hour shift. Assist public in logging in to public computers, printing, using email, word processing and other basic computer needs. People willing to work Friday and weekend mornings are especially appreciated and almost always needed. Training provided.
- Reserve Requests Volunteer: Weekly 1-2 hour commitment. Processing the paging slips (customer reserve requests) is like doing a scavenger hunt around the library. When patrons put items on hold that are on the shelves at our library, someone must pull these items for the requesting patrons. That someone could be you! Not only will you see what popular items people throughout Pima County have requested, you will also further familiarize yourself with our collection.
- Shelf-Reading: Fill book and flyer displays in the library. Assure that materials are in the proper order on the shelves. Tidy the public areas of the library.
- Teen Volunteer: Age 14+. Assist in the preparation of story-time crafts. Clean baby-time toys. Tidy children’s area. Help at large special events as needed. Hours vary based on volunteer’s availability and branch needs.
- Desk Assistant: For retired librarians only. Once a week/2-hour commitment. Assists with general reference questions, book searching, etc. Must have prior experience working as a reference assistant in a library.
- Books on Wheels: Once a month commitment/length of time varies. This is a volunteer-led program that brings books to people in the community that are home-bound. Volunteers select books and deliver books, using their own transportation. Requires being able to lift bags filled with books (may be at least 10 pounds).