Sheriff’s Auxiliary Volunteers (SAV)–Pima, Green Valley
The Pima County Sheriff’s Department offers a multitude of services beyond the well-known duties of law enforcement and detention. Our services range in variety from online reports and alerts to home inspections and fingerprinting conducted by the Sheriff’s Auxiliary Volunteers (SAV). SAV is a Sheriff’s Assist Team dedicated to “Crime Prevention in Green Valley.”
What SAV does in Green Valley
- PATROLLING–When residents are out-of-town, we make sure their property is secure.
- SCAM SQUAD–Crime prevention education using Hang Up! Shred! and Delete!
- JUSTICE COURT BAILIFF–Our trained volunteers save you many tax $$’s per year.
- SHERIFF’S FRONT DESK PERSONELL–Again, saving taxpayers many $$’s.
- FINGERPRINTING–A free service, state-of-the-art equipment (Tues. & Thurs. 9 am – 3 pm).
- ALZHEIMER’S OR MEMORY IMPAIRED–A protection program in conjunction with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department.
- SPECIAL EVENTS PARTICIPATION–Traffic and crowd control when needed.
- NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH–Providing the eyes and ears for the Sheriff’s Department to maintain neighborhood safety.
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (ERT)–Hightly-trained SAV personnel assist the Sheriff’s Dep. 24/7 at major incidents.
- SAV TELECARE–Makes daily calls to enrolled individuals. A non-answering client generates a wellness check by SAV. For some Green Valley residents (and their distant families) a simple five-second phone call 365 days a year gives them peace of mind that someone is checking on them. Most calls are made between 7:30 and 8:45 am. For more information or to sign up for SAV TeleCare Service, call Mary Kacmarcik at SAV TeleCare (520) 351-6706.
For more information about SAV volunteer opportunities, please contact us.